Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

2014 Award Winning Books

The most anticipated event in the library world happened this past Monday. I woke up early, got my laptop set up, and started the live stream. I didn't want to miss a minute of the BIG EVENT. Though I couldn't be there in person, watching via the web munching on a couple of pop tarts was just as good.

The BIG EVENT just happened to be the announcement of the 2014 ALA youth book award. This includes awards like the Newbery, the Caldecott, the Printz, and many others. These awards are given in January every year, and are selected by committees of ALA (American Library Association) members, who spend the year reading hundreds of books pertaining to the specific award they are assigned.

As I jotted down the winners, I was please to see the the SCC libraries owned many of them already. Our students have already had access to these amazing titles for months, but now are being highlighted as some of the best books of the year. 

For the full list of ALA award winning books click HERE. And i f you want to watch the a copy of the live stream it can be viewed HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment