Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

(Soon to be) Bright and Shiny ES Library

I had an exciting morning. After our elementary school staff meeting this morning I had the opportunity to visit the construction of our new library. The first words that popped into my head were "bright and shiny". That's what our new library will be. With the addition of two windows we will have much more natural light. I was afraid that they would be in the way of shelving and other furniture but the powers-that-be put them high enough were that shouldn't be a problem. We will have sunshine!

They have 99% of the drywall up which gives the space a feel of coming together finally, after months of having it be a big empty concrete room. Painting is starting today, and they told me they would like to have carpet in by mid-October. We are shooting for a completion date of November 1.

After the library is completed we will be able to start putting our brand new collection on the shelves. I explained the process I was using for ordering in a previous post. That was completed and sent away to Follett in mid-August. However, there was one part of the order that we received immediately and that was the new ebooks! (Also explained in a previous post).

I want to thank everyone in the community for the good thoughts and support they have offered. I know I've said it before but it's truly amazing. And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment