There are many resources available through our school library, public libraries, and state resources. While our physical library is out-of-order, so to speak, we still have all of these digital assets at our fingertips.
Below are a few of the resources that you can still access via the internet. You can contact me for login information for any of these resources, aolson[@]scc.k12.wi.us (without the brackets)
- Follett Shelf -- This is our elementary library ebook collection; it's small but growing. (login required)
- PebbleGo -- Read through some awesome non-fiction articles for kids about social studies, nature, biographies, and more. (login required)
- BookFlix -- Pairs storybooks with nonfiction books to reinforce early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration. (login required)
- TumbleBooks -- Online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they'll love. (login required)
- Searchasaurus -- Pulls together magazines, newspapers, interviews, books, pictures, and much more to support curricular learning. Provided by Badgerlink for citizens of Wisconsin.
- Elementary Encyclopedia Britannica -- Comprehensive elementary encyclopedia with articles (that will read to you if wanted), pictures, videos, games, and links. Provided by Badgerlink for citizens of Wisconsin.
- Even More! -- There are more resources listed on the elementary library's Find page.
- Public Library -- The public libraries are a wonderful resource to support your child's reading when school is not in session. Check out their pages: Roberts and Hammond Public Libraries